Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What is Next??

After reading Jeff Jarvis's blog regarding the FCC regulations on blogs, I am thoroughly annoyed.

What is next? Regulation of what is said in everyday conversation?

The blog is context-rich in information, supplying the reader with background information, a PDF link to the regulations and of course the wonders of the biased opinion of Jeff Jarvis!

Despite the fact that the First Amendment protects our rights to the freedom of speech, I feel that this "right" is consistently infringed upon by the government with ridiculous regulations, codes and "politically correct" statements. I agree that newspapers should report fairly and in an objective manner, BUT firmly disagree of the same model for blogs. I was under the assumption that blogs were created for the main stance of stating, supplying and providing one's opinion, no matter what the stance was. Guess I was wrong....

2 comments:

  1. I MUST join you in being extremely annoyed with all these "regulations"...why is it okay for a select few people to decide what's okay for me to say on a blog...don't they have other things to be worried about?
    I'm scared that everyday conversation is next...at least it will be now since they have so much time to read blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Did you send Jeff a little bit of money to Jeff for endorsing his blog or do I need sick the FTC on you?

    But seriously, I was thinking about this exact thing last night and agree with you. If the FTC starts regulating blogs, how long until the put filters on our mouths?

    That's big brother at work right there.

    ReplyDelete