Friday, November 6, 2009

Just a "Click" Away......

While browsing online, I came across an article that sparked my interest:

"Suspect Killed, Officer Wounded In Robbery Try"

Sure the newspaper itself is dwindling in print, but online news sources are flourishing. Information regarding international, national, state, local news is available at the whim of a keystroke.

I was intrigued by the article due to the proximity to my home in Canton. Despite the fact that this is important information to me, it may not be to many others, therefore never receiving face time in a printed newspaper. BUT now I am not limited to relying on printed newspapers to receive information about my community. I can visit websites, blog forums and so much more. The ability to access information outside the world of the printed paper opens the door to the opportunity of the "citizen journalist", which I am quite an advocate for.

I appreciate the ability to utilize my "voice" where I want it heard opposed to hoping for an editor to publish a letter. I appreciate the opportunity to "speak out" what I stand for as opposed to fearing an editor will silence my words. I appreciate my RIGHT to be a journalist...how I desire, when I desire and most of all because I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment